The well-being of our members is a primary concern of myself and the Board of Directors.
A directive from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has advised people to take precautions due to the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus) outbreak, and having noted that the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus, through, among other means, social distancing.
Due to the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus) outbreak, we will be cancelling Sacred Heart Mass (3/23/2020); the General Meeting (4/3/2020); our April Dance (4/25/2020); and our trip to Mohegan Sun (3/28/2020). The Sacred Heart Mass has been rescheduled for May 31, 2020. No other events have been rescheduled at this time.
Please stay safe. Here are some tips from the CDC to protect yourself :
- Take everyday preventive actions
- Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places – elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc. Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
- Wash your hands after touching surfaces in public places.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Clean and disinfect your home to remove germs: practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks & cell phones)
- Avoid crowds, especially in poorly ventilated spaces. Your risk of exposure to respiratory viruses like COVID-19 may increase in crowded, closed-in settings with little air circulation if there are people in the crowd who are sick.
- Avoid all non-essential travel including plane trips, and especially avoid embarking on cruise ships.